The library provides learning and information resources which support the mission and goals of Stone Child College.
The library has the following academic goals:
1. To provide reference and research materials for student and faculty that
supports the curriculum and educational programs at Stone Child College.
2. To assist students in developing and applying college level research skills.
3. To provide resource sharing with other libraries in the northwestern part of the
country and tribal college libraries in Montana.
4. To develop a collection of audio-visual media and materials that will be available
for instructional use in the college, area schools, and other tribal institutions.
5. To provide state-of-the-art library services by integrating technology. Use of
on-line database and Internet resources will be increased.
6. To house and maintain a special collection of Chippewa-Cree materials.
Students who withdraw or graduate from the college are expected to return the
library materials borrowed from the library. They have to obtain clearance from the library on the prescribed form to the effect that they do not owe anything to the library and turn in in to the Registrar’s Office. Failure to do so will result in grades and transcripts being withheld and charges for items not returned being billed to them. Further information on library policies and procedures can be found here.
The library has access to on-line databases and Internet. Students can use these resources for information retrieval.
New online resources are available now. Use the link below for access to audiobooks, ebooks and more. Don't have the right software? Software is required for eLibrary, and can be downloaded in the following links.
Free Research Links
|U.S. Congressional Documents & Debates|
|First People: North American Indian Agreements and Treaties|
|Kappler's Indian Affairs: Law & Treaties|
|Statutes at Large V7|
SCC Library Databases
For usernames and passwords for these databases contact the SCC Library.
To Access the the EBSCO databases offered through the state library that are a part of our membership dues click on the following links: