Certificate – Rural Health
The Rural Public Health Certificate is designed to give students an opportunity to explore Native community issues in a
tribal college setting. The goal of this program is to educate students about healing individuals and communities using
traditional and western approaches.
EXPECTED LEARNER OUTCOMES:
1. explore intergenerational trauma and its effects on Native individuals and Native communities.
2. examine Native Cree practices to heal individuals.
3. learn about traditional Cree practices to work with and heal rural Indigenous communities.
4. practice western skills of communication and counseling.
5. understand the importance of case management in reservation settings.
|AD 150:Introduction to Addiction,Trauma,Grief and Loss (3credits)|
|WRIT101:College Writing I (3credits)|
|HPE 115: First Aid & CPR (2credits)|
|HS 172:Multicultural Issuesin Rural Communities (3credits)|
|HS 270:Professional Behavior, Ethics &Case Management (3credits)|
|HS 285: Behavioral Health Facilitator Training (2 credits)|
|NAS 281:Bishkanewin Ishkode Historical Context of Illness (3credits)|
|NAS 282:Bishkanewin Ishkode Personal Healing from Historical Trauma (3credits)|
|NAS 283:Bishkanewin Ishkode Healingthe Community (3credits)|
|PSYX 106:Applied Psychology (3credits)|
|COMX 111:Public Speaking (3credits)|
|TOTAL CREDIT REQUIREMENTS||31 CREDITS|