Pre-Nursing - 1 Year
PHILOSOPHY: The Pre-Nursing certificate program is designed to provide basic education in the pre-nursing field for those students who are planning on transferring to a Montana State University – Northern for their nursing associate or baccalaureate degree programs. In this certificate program, students will focus specifically on the general education and basic knowledge in the nursing field and nutrition. A graduate of this certificate program will be a candidate for transfer into the Pre-Nursing program at MSU-Northern. Native American traditional knowledge will be integrated into the coursework.
EXPECTED LEARNER OUTCOMES:
1. Discuss the concepts of nursing as a profession.
2. Define the identified roles and functions of the nurse.
3. Utilize the Code of Ethics, Standards of Clinical Nursing Practice, and Standards of Professional Practice to determine solutions to ethical problems.
4. Discuss verbal and nonverbal communication.
5. Develop a personal wellness care plan using the nursing process.